[Accessibility] Anouncing Free Standards WG,Wednesday, 26 February

Doug Beattie dbb at linkexplorer.com
Thu Feb 27 06:56:39 PST 2003

No one else has spoken up yet, so I'll offer this slight rework of
Bill's statements as another possibility:

Develop and promote a set of accessibility standards with the goals
of improving overall accessibility and fostering interoperability
and binary compatibility for assistive technologies on Open Source
LSB platforms.

These behavior standards will consist of measurable API and ABI
components which will provide comprehensive, consistent, services
for use by assistive technologies products. They will also define
the standards for delivery of accessibility information and services
by applications and UI toolkits.

Doug

dbb at linkexplorer.com