[Accessibility] Anouncing Free Standards WG,Wednesday, 26 February

Sharon D Snider snidersd at us.ibm.com
Fri Feb 28 12:21:25 PST 2003

In trying to keep the ball rolling, I have made a couple of small changes
to the mission
statement provided by Bill and Doug:

Develop and promote a set of accessibility standards with the goals
of improving overall accessibility, fostering interoperability, and
binary compatibility for assistive technologies on Open Source
LSB platforms. In addition, provide a mechanism for LSB application
accessibility certification.

These behavior standards will consist of measurable API and ABI
components which will provide comprehensive, consistent, services
for use by assistive technologies products. They will also define
the standards for delivery of accessibility information and services
by applications and UI toolkits.

Sharon Snider
Linux Accessibility, and Information Development
IBM Linux Technology Services
(512) 838-4127, T/L 678-4127

----- Forwarded by Sharon D Snider/Austin/IBM on 02/28/2003 02:15 PM -----

                      Doug Beattie
                      <dbb at linkexplorer.com>            To:       Bill Haneman <bill.haneman at sun.com>
                      Sent by:                          cc:       accessibility at freestandards.org
                      accessibility-admin at freest        Subject:  Re: [Accessibility] Anouncing Free Standards WG,Wednesday, 26 February
                      andards.org

                      02/27/2003 08:56 AM

No one else has spoken up yet, so I'll offer this slight rework of
Bill's statements as another possibility:

Develop and promote a set of accessibility standards with the goals
of improving overall accessibility and fostering interoperability
and binary compatibility for assistive technologies on Open Source
LSB platforms.

These behavior standards will consist of measurable API and ABI
components which will provide comprehensive, consistent, services
for use by assistive technologies products. They will also define
the standards for delivery of accessibility information and services
by applications and UI toolkits.

Doug

--
Doug Beattie