[Accessibility] Should our Road Map include SVG?

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Tue Jun 10 19:31:52 PDT 2003

The subject says it all.

Scalable Vector Graphics is an XML specification of the W3C:

http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/Overview.htm

Properly applied SVG markup should prove beneficial to various
accessibility applications, even facilitating the generation of useful
braille graphics. Magnification would be another potential accessibility
benefit.

Should SVG figure in our standards at some point? Should it, therefore,
be on the Road Map?

I'm sorry I can't be on the call to discuss this. But, since we're
nearing completion of the Road Map, it seemed useful to ask this
question now.

--

				Janina Sajka, Director
				Technology Research and Development