[Accessibility] Anouncing Free Standards WG,Wednesday, 26 February

Bill Haneman bill.haneman at sun.com
Mon Mar 3 06:55:23 PST 2003

On Fri, 2003-02-28 at 20:21, Sharon D Snider wrote:

> In trying to keep the ball rolling, I have made a couple of small changes
> to the mission
> statement provided by Bill and Doug:
>
> Develop and promote a set of accessibility standards with the goals
> of improving overall accessibility, fostering interoperability, and
> binary compatibility for assistive technologies on Open Source
> LSB platforms.

I don't understand why "Open Source LSB" has been inserted here.
We're clearly part of LSB, and Linux platforms are by definition
Open Source.  Also "Open Source" is a sort-of hotbutton phrase,
I think we should avoid it in our mission statement; an alternative
is "free software" but some people don't like that either.

So I would propose returning to the phrase "Linux platforms".