[Accessibility] Face to Face Mtg. Agenda 03/21/03 - Please RSVP

Sharon D Snider snidersd at us.ibm.com
Wed Mar 19 11:08:23 PST 2003

I will attend via teleconference.
Sharon Snider
Linux Accessibility, and Information Development
IBM Linux Technology Services
(512) 838-4127, T/L 678-4127

----- Forwarded by Sharon D Snider/Austin/IBM on 03/19/2003 01:09 PM -----

                      Doug Beattie
                      <dbb at linkexplorer.com>            To:       accessibility at freestandards.org
                      Sent by:                          cc:
                      accessibility-admin at freest        Subject:  [Accessibility] Face to Face Mtg. Agenda 03/21/03 - Please RSVP
                      andards.org

                      03/19/2003 12:56 PM

Janina sent this agenda to me and ask I send it to the list.

Please RSVP ...

Announcing the 21 March 2003 meeting of the Accessibility Workgroup

Our first, face-to-face meeting will be hosted by the third Linux
Accessibility Conference (LAC) which, in turn, is scheduled in
conjunction with the 18th Technology and Persons with Disabilities
Conference sponsored by the California State University at Northridge
(CSUN).

Our meeting WILL be available by teleconference bridge (see below).

Where:  La Jolla room
        Los Angeles Airport (LAX) Marriott Hotel

 Friday, March 21, 2003 at:
        17:00 GMT
        02:00+1 JST (Tokyo)
        18:00 CET (Berlin)
        17:00 WET (London)
        12:00 EST (New York)
        11:00 CST (Chicago)
        10:00 MST (Salt Lake City)
        09:00 PST (San Francisco)

NOTE: This will be a two-hour meeting.

Phone/Passcode
 Dial-in North America...800.664.6895
 Dial-in International...719.955.1126
 passcode................3 6 6 5 8 0

Duration
 Approximately two hours

Agenda:

1. Welcome and review of corrected minutes from our last meeting

2. Ask for a volunteer scribe to minute this meeting.

3. Discuss and finalize our group's goal(s)/mission statement

4. Discuss how we should organize our work.
    How to we populate our Features matrix?
    Should we map to Sec. 508's specifications?
    Is there a European matrix we should map?
    Would such mappings be helpful to us at this point?

5. Rolling up our sleeves: Devise short term plan of action and assign
    tasks/dates.

6. Any Other Business
    The group web page?
    We need a webmaster.
    We need a volunteer(s) to review all FSG work group pages to
     make sure they all, not just ours, are set up to be properly
     accessible.

7. Next Meeting
    Set date and ask for a teleconference host