[Accessibility] Draft Mission Statement

Bill Haneman bill.haneman at sun.com
Wed Mar 26 12:22:47 PST 2003

Hi Doug:

A comment below...

On Wed, 2003-03-26 at 20:21, Doug Beattie wrote:
> FWIW -
>
> I would like to see a little more clarification given to the end of
> the sentence following "as appropriate" to include a brief statement
> about being in scope of the FSG/LSB activities.

I am not so sure I am eager for this.  While I agree that we don't want
to explicitly claim anything 'out of scope', the necessity of the
disclaimer is not obvious to me.  And, to the extent that we limit
ourselves explicitly to considering the FSG domain, might we reduce the
broader impact or relevance of our work?  We don't want to rule out the
possibility that our standards might be rolled up, someday, to a larger
standards body.

-Bill

Bill Haneman <bill.haneman at sun.com>