[Accessibility] 21 May 2003 meeting agenda

Mario Lang mlang at debian.org
Fri May 23 06:02:07 PDT 2003

Hi.

First of all I'd like to apologize for my absence
in the last few meetings.  Personally time-difficulties and
my feeling that I can't help much anyway in voice-calls
prevented me from participating.

I'll try to be on the line next week though.

I'd like to raise a question before that though:
Does the LSB have any guidelines on which licenses a API should
be licensed under to be acceptable for a LSB standard?  I'm asking
this since Debian has very strict guidelines on what is
free, and what isn't.  For software to be accepted into the main
distribution, it needs to meet the Debian Free Software Guidelines.

So, for Debian to be compliant to whatever API standards we
are going to propse, that code needs to be free enough.

I ask this since I read about potential problems with SMIL.
IANAL, and I didn't really check the exact concerns yet,
but I thought its better to raise this issue now than later.

--
CYa,