[Accessibility] 21 May 2003 meeting agenda

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Sat May 24 00:50:33 PDT 2003

iHi, Mario:

Thank you for your note. I would encourage you, as I encourage others,
that the scope of our work is so large that it likely exceeds the
knwoledge of most any one single individual. So, please do not feel you
have nothing to contribute just because the discussion may, at times, be
on subjects that are not those where you have expertise. We really do
need a breadth of expertise to cover our scope, and we value your help.

Regarding SMIL, I don't know what you've heard and would like to
know--if you can point to anything specific. I am charged by our group
with chasing down the facts about SMIL. I will report on this in June.
Meanwhile, may I suggest there may be confusion about SMIL and VXML? It
seems SMIL is purely a W3C recommendation. It comes under W3C terms
fully.

Perhaps the most clarifying thing I can tell you by way of explanation
is that SMIL does not incorporate or refer specifically to any media
format. It is format agnostic. It is a spec for syncronizing among many
formats--whichever ones someone may choose to use.

Hope this helps.