[Accessibility] Candidate Quote 5
janina at rednote.net
Wed Oct 1 14:09:48 PDT 2003
We are delighted that the Free Standards Group has organized an international effort to make free and open platforms fully inclusive of all users,
including persons with disabilities. Without open standards supporting the requirements of users with disabilities:
* Users with various disabilities can not effectively use many applications and services available today on free and open platforms.
* developers cannot consistently write accessible applications.
* comprehensive and consistent platform services that support accessibility do not exist.
* assistive technology developers cannot create assistive technologies for free standards platforms.
* the lack of standardization prevents leveraging the existing work, sharing of expertise, and reduces the value of individual contributions.
Email: janina at rednote.net
Phone: (202) 408-8175
Director, Technology Research and Development
American Foundation for the Blind (AFB)
Chair, Accessibility Working Group
Free Standards Group
More information about the Accessibility