[Accessibility] AT Device Shared I/O

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Fri Sep 5 12:01:47 PDT 2003

	2.)	AT device Shared I/O

It should be possible for devices commonly used by persons with disabilities to operate smoothly with several client applications. We need to adopt or
develop libraries that allow client applications to share these I/O devices. Shared access to accessibility related devices such as Braille displays,
   reduces the cost of ownership and improves the user experience. In some circumstances it will be necessary to support simultaneous access for
different client applications, e.g. to allow a software-based speech synthesizer to speak while a multi-media stream is playing rather than queueing its
messages to play after the stream concludes. In other circumstances it will be necessary to have messages queue until a particular Window (or Console)
has focus.

--

				Janina Sajka, Director
				Technology Research and Development