[Accessibility] Sec2b Item 7: Text To Speech

Bill Haneman bill.haneman at sun.com
Tue Sep 9 09:33:46 PDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-09-09 at 16:33, Sharon D Snider wrote:

What do you mean by 'creation of new voices'?

I think trying to improve the situation vis-a-vis voice creation is a
noble goal but out of scope for our group.  I don't think we should
include that.

However we should indicate our desire to standardize on a TTS API, and
we already have some existing APIs to choose from and/or extend (JSAPI
and GSAPI for instance).

- Bill