[Accessibility] Sec2b Item 7: Text To Speech

Sharon D Snider snidersd at us.ibm.com
Tue Sep 9 09:56:27 PDT 2003

Bill,
"creating of new voices" was taken from Janina's original text, so I'm not
sure the inteded meaning.

Janina,
Can you elaborate on the meaning of "creating of new voices" as stated in
the following paragraph?

> We propose to
> develop a TTS voice creation API to simplify and systemetize the process
of
> creating new voices.  This project will also adopt or develop
standardized
> mark up for spoken dialog, and provide an API for text-to-speech services
> (such as JSAPI).

Perhaps based on Bill's comments, the paragraph should be changed to:
> We propose to
> standardize a TTS voice creation API to simplify and systemetize the
process of
> creating new voices.  This project will also adopt or extend standardized
> mark up for spoken dialog, and provide an API for TTS services
> such as JSAPI or GSAPI.

Thanks,
Sharon Snider
Linux Accessibility, and Information Development
IBM Linux Technology Services
(512) 838-4127, T/L 678-4127

                      Bill Haneman
                      <bill.haneman at sun        To:       Sharon D Snider/Austin/IBM at IBMUS
                      .com>                    cc:       janina at rednote.net, accessibility at freestandards.org
                                               Subject:  Re: [Accessibility] Sec2b Item 7: Text To Speech
                      09/09/2003 11:33
                      AM