[Accessibility] Sec2b Item 7: Text To Speech

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Tue Sep 9 10:58:36 PDT 2003

Hmmm, I think Bill has a good point here. I suspect I got my FSG a tad
mixed up with funding prospects. In other words, I suspect tools for
creating voices may well be out of scope--though probably much more
fundable than writing service APIs. Ignoring, for the moment, the policy
problem about backing a funding proposal that goes beyond the FSG
interest, what is the FSG interest that we can and should propose?

Bill, if we took your phrase and put some internationalization around
it, something like:

 capable of supporting numerous languages and including the abilityt to
 smoothly and quickly switch among different languages and/or voices."

  capable of supporting numerous languages and including the abilityt to
  smoothly and quickly switch among different languages and/or voices."

  "Adopt or develop a standard API for TTS services capable of supporting

--

				Janina Sajka, Director
				Technology Research and Development