[Accessibility] Opportunities in the East??

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Tue Sep 9 11:06:18 PDT 2003

We have kept a marker in our agendas for participation by folks in the
Far East ... ... ...

This item is from today's News Bytes (and sounds like funding
opportunity to me):

JAPAN, CHINA, SOUTH KOREA SEEK ALTERNATIVES TO WINDOWS
Japan, China and South Korea have agreed to cooperate in an R&D program
develop software for operating systems other than Microsoft's Windows,
and
to encourage the more widespread of use of existing operating systems
that
compete with Windows. Japanese trade ministry official Takashi Kume
explains, "The idea is to get existing non-Windows operating systems,
such
as Linux, to be more broadly used, rather than developing a totally new
operating system." Besides giving more options to consumers, the
development of non-Windows operating system software would also allow
manufacturers a wider choice of platforms in developing electronics and
information devices. (AP/San Jose Mercury News 9 Sep 2003)
http://www.siliconvalley.com/mld/siliconvalley/6699893.htm

--

				Janina Sajka, Director
				Technology Research and Development