[Accessibility] Calling for votes on the FSG102

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Fri Sep 12 06:25:14 PDT 2003

The completed Sections 1 and 2 of the FSG102 document are now online at
our web site, http://accessibility.freestandards.org, under the ling
"FSG102." While there may still be a typo or two to clean up, all the
edits we agreed to in our meeting this past Wednesday have been
incorporated and the time has come to vote on this document.

Please vote today, Friday 12 September 2003.

As you vote, please check the attached list to ascertain that you and
your organization are listed as you want them listed in Sec. 2a of the
FSG102 document.
If you are not listed, please indicate how you would like to be listed.
No one not wishing to be listed will be.

If we have majority approval, the document will be
submitted to the FSG Board of Directors on Monday.

Thank you, each and everyone, for an excellent effort charting
accessibility for free standards' environments.

--

				Janina Sajka, Director
				Technology Research and Development

Current participants/interested parties 08/27/03

1. Janina Sajka -- janina at afb.net
      American Foundation for the Blind

2. Bill Haneman -- bill.haneman at ireland.sun.com
      GNOME Accessibility project and SUN

3. JP Schnapper-Casteras -- jpsc at stanford.edu
      Uni. Wisconson Trace Center - Stanford - one of KDE accessibility team
      Dr. Gregg E. Vanderheiden -- Over the Trace Center -
      GV at trace.wisc.edu

4. Sharon Snider -- snidersd at us.ibm.com
      IBM Linux Accessibility - Linux Technology Services

5. Jonathan Blandford Red Hat <jrb at redhat.com>

6. Jennifer Lamb -- jlamb at redhat.com
      Red Hat (Accessibility Person)

7. John Goldthwaite -- john.goldthwaite at arch.gatech.edu
      GA Tech - Research Scientist II over accessibility team
      Center for Assistive Technology & Environmental Access

8. Mario Lang - mlang at debian.org Debian representative.

9. (Pupeno) Jose Pablo Ezequiel Fernandez [pupeno at kde.org] KDE representative.
      http://accessibility.kde.org

19. Aaron J. Seigo - aseigo at olympusproject.org        - KDE representative
      Code author of Kcalc, Kmail, KBouce and KDE documentor.

11. Gunnar Schmidt - KDE (Austria) KDE Accessibility group and
     Co-maintainer of the KDE Accessibility Project
     Author and Maintainer of the kdeaccessibility packages
       kttsd APIs, KMouth, etc.
       http://accessibility.kde.org/

12. Kirk Reiser                             The Computer Braille Facility
	e-mail: kirk at braille.uwo.ca         University of Western Ontario
        Author of Speakup screen reader: http://www.linux-speakup.org

13. HP Matthew Wilcox (Willy) - Linux Kernel developer that looks out
      for Accessibility issues, will represent HP.
	e-mail willy at fc.hp.com

14. Marco Skambraks <marco at suse.de>
	SuSE's representative

15. TV Raman -- tvraman at almaden.ibm.com
      IBM - Low vision or Blind - Author of EmacSpeak software -

Monitoring the group until an engineer is appointed is:

16. Jan Aarsaether, Technical Sales Manager of Trolltech Inc.
    jaa at trolltech.com

Acting as an advisor when requested:

17. Neil Scott, the Leader and Chief Engineer of the Archimedes Project at
    Stanford's Center for the Study of Language and Information,
    will act in an advisory role. Neil has been a member of several White
    House committees on access issues and is a frequent reviewer of
    disability-related grants for the National Science Foundation.
    <ngscott at csli.stanford.edu>

The following people/companies/groups are available to help as we find
specific needs for them to work:

18 Vince Stanford -- vincent.stanford at nist.gov
      NIST -- Smart Space Lab Program Manager

      Sheppard, Charles L. - charles.sheppard at nist.gov
       depart: Information Access Division (894)
       agency: NIST
      INCIT V2 - Charles works this area for NIST.

The following person represents the FSG to this workgroup:

19. Doug Beattie - Program Director
	dbb at freestandards.org