[Accessibility] Calling for votes on the FSG102

Sharon D Snider snidersd at us.ibm.com
Mon Sep 15 08:27:09 PDT 2003

Janina,

I have made  the  Matthew's  requested changes except for the following:

-The phrase "disabled person" is still found in 1 (a)

I'm not sure how to rephrase it, or what was agreed on.

Thanks,
Sharon Snider
Linux Accessibility
IBM Linux Technology Services
(512) 838-4127, T/L 678-4127

                      Matthew Wilcox
                      <willy at fc.hp.com>                 To:       Janina Sajka <janina at rednote.net>
                      Sent by:                          cc:       accessibility at freestandards.org
                      accessibility-admin at freest        Subject:  Re: [Accessibility] Calling for votes on the FSG102
                      andards.org

                      09/15/2003 10:09 AM

On Fri, Sep 12, 2003 at 09:25:14AM -0400, Janina Sajka wrote:
> The completed Sections 1 and 2 of the FSG102 document are now online at
> our web site, http://accessibility.freestandards.org, under the ling
> "FSG102." While there may still be a typo or two to clean up, all the
> edits we agreed to in our meeting this past Wednesday have been
> incorporated and the time has come to vote on this document.

My turn for nitpicks ...

The phrase "disabled person" is still found in 1 (a)

"unix" in 1 (e) should be capitalised as "Unix"

1 (f) has "Users who are persons with disabilities" which should perhaps
be "Users with disabilities"

2b 8. InterNational Committee for Information Technology Standards
should probably have its acronym (INCITS) placed after it, otherwise the
InterCapping looks a little odd.

2b 9. "System Administrators who are themselves persons with
disabilities" could perhaps be reworded more neatly as "System
Administrators who have disabilities"?

And the title "FSG102 Proposed Accessibility Worgroup - Draft" is
missing a "k".

> Please vote today, Friday 12 September 2003.

Sorry to be late, but I vote Yes.

13. Matthew Wilcox - HP representative, Linux Kernel hacker
    e-mail: willy at fc.hp.com

--
It's always legal to use Linux (TM) systems
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/why-free.html