[Accessibility] Calling for votes on the FSG102

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Mon Sep 15 09:53:22 PDT 2003

Hi, Matthew:

Thank you for the vote, and the excellent list of corrections.

Vis a vis Sec. 1a and the use of "disabled persons," our feeling here is
that it's a very good sentence as it is, and the political sensitivities
have been well handled everywhere else in this document (including
several times immediately preceding this phrase). So, the consensus in
my office is for us to leave it.

Seems no one has a good idea on how to say what that sentence says more
clearly.  Other wordings seem to make the sentence more slumsy and
obscure the important message.

So, unless you feel strongly it shouldn't stay as "disabled persons,"
I'm OK with it.

--

				Janina Sajka, Director
				Technology Research and Development