[Accessibility] Viability of NSF-funded conference

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Mon Apr 5 06:44:26 PDT 2004

Mario and Matt:

I think I understand and can appreciate your position. Unfortunately for all of us, we really have no control over our individual governments--other than our votes in elections.

However, where we meet is certainly up to us. The only reason for proposing a U.S. located meeting is that's where we have a funding opportunity. If you would be willing to take on finding alternative funding opportunities, I'm sure the language we're developing for our proposal to NSF could easily be directed elsewhere.Mario and Matt:

I think I understand and can appreciate your position. Unfortunately for all of us, we really have no control over our individual governments--other than our votes in elections.

Where we meet is certainly up to us. The only reason for proposing a U.S. located meeting is that's where we have a funding opportunity. If you would be willing to take on finding alternative funding opportunities, I'm sure the language we're developing for our proposal to NSF could easily be directed elsewhere. Can you help find funds to meet elsewhere?