[Accessibility] A11y WG Teleconference, Wednesday 11 August

Matthew Wilcox willy at fc.hp.com
Wed Aug 11 13:10:02 PDT 2004

On Wed, Aug 11, 2004 at 02:39:36PM -0400, Janina Sajka wrote:
> Argh, Willy, ... Maybe North America is wrong??
>
> In any case, we just concluded the call, and I'm very sorry you were
> unable to get in.

*sigh*.  Was nobody reading their email during this meeting?

It seems to me that very little communication is happening on the
mailing list -- it all seems to be saved for phone meetings.  That's
a bad thing for the poor people who have to minute the whole thing;
it's a bad thing for those whose ideas are incompletely represented in
the minutes and it's a bad thing for those who are dialling in (some at
international rates) to sit through a meeting which may well be focusing
on topics they don't care about.

There are times that email isn't good enough and you really want an
answer immediately.  With this in mind, I've created an IRC channel
called #a11y on irc.oftc.net.  I hope it will allow us to communicate
more effectively.

--
It's always legal to use Linux (TM) systems
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/why-free.html