[Accessibility] Trademakrs & the GPL

George Kraft gk4 at austin.ibm.com
Wed Dec 1 13:13:00 PST 2004

Bottom line, I think someone is going to have to do a trademark search
on the phrase "AccessX".  They might not legally own it, but someone
else might.  Until the search is done, then I would not put too much
energy into worrying about it.

The alternative is to give it a different name that is safe to use for
our specification purpose.  For example, "Accessible X11 Keyboard
Enhancements".  We shouldn't worry ourselves with the brand name of the
implementation, because there may be more than one.

George (gk4)

--
George (gk4)