[Accessibility] January 7, 2004 Draft Minutes FSG Accessibility workgroup

John Goldthwaite john.goldthwaite at catea.org
Wed Jan 7 11:53:55 PST 2004

January 7, 2004 Draft Minutes FSG Accessibility workgroup

Jonathan Blanford
Doug Beattie
John Goldthwaite
Peter Korn
Janina Sajka
Gunnar Schmidt
Allen Wilson

Action items:

Jonathan will check on a quote from Red Hat.

John will work on quote from Georgia Tech; email John Gill and Steve Tyler
at RNIB
John will email Mary Beth Janes at Apple; email Eugene Seagriff at
Panasonic.

Janina will work on University of Toronto for a quote; call Neil Scott;
contact Carlos Velasco at Fraunhofer.  Janina will ask Terry Weaver about
quote. Ping Aaron Leventhal or Tom Litkowsky at Mozilla.

Minutes from last meeting accepted as posted.

Janina talked to Ephraim yesterday and he had not received it.  Janina sent
it again since it seemed to have gotten lost.  Ephraim thought he could read
it next week.  His Universal Access proposals are due tomorrow so he his
busy.

Scott McNeal is back from Asia, Janina and Doug talked to him about the
press release.  Scott has a PR firm engaged to work on the press release at
Linux World.  We should have interviews with Janina and Earl Johnson.  The
press release is finished.  We have a quote from Sun and we are trying to
get one more quote.

More quotes for quote sheet:  Janina would like a quote from Greg
Vanderheiden.  Peter Korn suggested someone from Baum.  We need the quotes
by Friday so that the PR firm get them integrated into the press kit.  We
have 2 quotes from IBM and quotes from Gnome and KDE.
Jonathan will check on a quote from Red Hat.
John will work on quote from Georgia Tech
Janina will work on University of Toronto.
Janina will call Neil Scott about a quote.
Michael Meeks – possible Simian quote.
Janina will contact Carlos Velasco at Fraunhofer.
John will email John Gill and Steve Tyler at RNIB
Janina will ask Terry Weaver about quote, we have a letter of support.
Suse? Marcos Skambraks – marco at suse.de
John will email Mary Beth Janes at Apple.  Janina and Doug talked to Mary
Beth last month.
Peter talked to Mr. Thomas Friehoff at Baum and he will get a quote for us.
Peter – ping Aaron Leventhal or Tom Litkowsky at Mozilla.
John will email Eugene Seagriff at Panasonic;

Janina – news from Denmark: the Danish government is considering going to
Open Office. They have given a grant to make Open Office accessible to blind
and low vision people in Denmark.

Its fairly important that all the sectors are represented in the quote
sheets.  Numbers are less important that coverage from all the sectors.  Who
is going to Linux World? Janina, Doug, perhaps Jonathan..

There was some exchange between Mario and Kirk over the holidays.  Earl
Johnson would like to go over his list of tasks with the group for next
week.

John Goldthwaite
Center for Assistive Technology and Environmental Access, Georgia Tech
john.goldthwaite at catea.org