[Accessibility] Questions needing answers

Doug Beattie dbb at linkexplorer.com
Wed Jan 14 13:56:08 PST 2004

Here are a few questions that the press may ask about our group.
Please let me know what you think some very succinct answers to
them may be.

Also, if you think the press may ask other questions reply with
them too along with what you feel the answer should be.

Q1. Why does it matter that Assistive Technologies be developed on an
open source platform such as Linux? Can't AT solutions be brought to
market using other programming languages or environments?

Q2. How many developers are currently using Linux to make AT available
to the broader community today?

Q3. What examples of Linux based AT solutions are on the market today?

Q4. What are the key challenges/barriers that developers face in the
development of Assistive Technologies, unique to working on the Linux
platform?

Q5. Is the Free Standards Group the only organization offering AT
support to the community at this time?

Thanks for you input as we finish our preparations for the announcement.

Doug
--
Doug Beattie
dbb at freestandards.org