[Accessibility] Draft minutes Accessibility Working Group Meeting March 3, 2004

John Goldthwaite john.goldthwaite at catea.org
Wed Mar 10 10:06:36 PST 2004

Sorry I'm late sending out the minutes.  I thought I had done it last week.

Accessibility Working Group Meeting March 3, 2004

Doug Beattie
John Goldthwaite
Randy Horwitz
Janina Sajka
;Gunnar Schmidt
Matthew Wilcox

Short meeting this week.
Randy- proposing a new member for the group.  He would like to work on a PhD
on Linux and accessibility.  He has a lot of Linux experience.
Janina- we ha   Earl is making some progress on I/O, we’ll be meeting on at
CSUN.  Does this person have disability experience?
Randy- His wife is blind.
Janina- that qualifies- enlightened self-interest.
Randy- I don’t know if he has accessibility programming experience. He has
programming and project management experience.
Janina- could we assign research projects to him?
Randy- I can’t speak for him but I think so.
Janina- lets go ahead and invite him. One another topic, I’ve asked Scott to
create one more list for us that is posting restricted.  We cab use it as
private newsletter for people that want to track what we’re doing but not
read all the gory detail. Since its posted restricted anyone could sign up.
Is any of our group going to be at CSUN besides me?
Randy- I’ll be there, I’m looking forward to meeting some of the other
people.
Janina- are there any sessions?  J.P. organized sessions last year but he’s
not doing it this year.  There should be some resource sessions.  We have a
session, Randy if you want to participate.  That’s on Friday 9:20 in the
Hilton room Newport C.
Randy- this is our official session?
Doug- if you need brochures, have Jeanie send them to you at the hotel.
John- send me the text and I can Braille it.
Janina- can Sharon put in HTML on the website.

Doug- This is just the Free Standards Group marketing brochure.  It explains
the Free Standards projects including our group and what’s its about.  I don
’t know if Marvin Keffler, Kevin Cotts or George brought back one of the
brochures from Linux World, she probably can get it from them.
Janina- The presentation is our charter document.  It would be useful if
Randy would like to talk about IBM’s work.  We’ll ask the SUN people to talk
about there projects.  I’ll talk about it from the consumer standpoint.  We
want to see who else we can get to join us.
Matthew- can I post a url of a resource on the website?  It’s an Mp3 file of
someone using a sip and puff mechanism.
Thanks everyone, we may have a short meeting next week due to CSUN prep.

John Goldthwaite
Center for Assistive Technology and Environmental Access, Georgia Tech
john.goldthwaite at catea.org