[Accessibility] Euro AT Conference Announced

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Fri May 7 07:17:34 PDT 2004

The following announcement should be of interest. We may wish to have a presence. In particular, some of our member organizations may wish to present their work. I'm thinking particularly of GNOME and KDE because of the strong European connections in those development groups.

8th European conference for the advancement of assistive technology in
europe - Lille - France September 2005

Assistive technology from virtuality to reality
8th European conference for the advancement of assistive technology in
europe
Lille - France - September 19-22, 2005

The Association for the advancement of Assistive Technology in Europe
(AAATE) organises its 8th conference in Lille, France, in 2005. This
biannual conference is an opportunity for people to discuss new
developments, trends and researches in the field of Assistive
Technology. Following successful conferences held in Ireland, Slovenia,
Germany, Greece, Portugal, Sweden and Netherlands, over 200 papers were
selected and published from its last conference in 2003.

AAATE's membership has significantly grown since its formation. Its
sister organisations are RESNA (North America), ARATA (Australia) and
RESJA (Japan). These opportunities to exchange expertise are essential
for those working in the AT field.

Information regarding the next conference to be held in France is
available at :

www.aaate2005.com <http://www.aaate2005.com/>

Do not forget to subscribe to the newsletter to get the latest news
about the conference and do not hesitate to forward this message to
all interested people you may know !

I remain at you entire disposal for any other information you need and I
wish to see you all in Lille.

Best regards,

Thomas GARMIER - technical organizer
t.garmier at package.fr