[Accessibility] Y Windows

Matthew Wilcox willy at fc.hp.com
Thu Oct 14 10:18:39 PDT 2004

On Thu, Oct 14, 2004 at 12:38:04PM -0400, Janina Sajka wrote:
> Anyone know anything about this?
>
> http://www.y-windows.org

Over the last 20 years there have been approximately 3.8 gadzillion
projects aiming to replace X.  About half of them are called "Y Windows".
This one seems no different to the others.

> Should we invite them out to our F2F? So they can "build it in" now--and
> save everyone the trouble of "bolting it on" later?

Given the lack of conversation at
http://www.y-windows.org/pipermail/y-devel/
I would say y-windows.org is a dead project.  They claim it isn't in
September, but there's absolutely no evidence of any activity.

--
It's always legal to use Linux (TM) systems
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/why-free.html