[Accessibility] Re: Fluendo and Accessibility

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Wed Oct 20 10:59:20 PDT 2004

The following regarding streaming from our January F2F:

Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller writes:
Hi Janina,
Sorry for the late reply. The first version of the server is now
available on the Fluendo website.

As for a shell script for playing back the stream with GStreamer
something containing something like this should work:
gst-launch gnomevfssrc location=http://mirror.fluendo.com:8800 !
decodebin ! alsasink

Using osssink instead of alsasink might be an advantage since it is more
broadly deployed. There is also a sunaudiosink for Solaris users.

The http address of course you replace with your own.

As for mplayer you just run: mplayer http://mirror.fluendo.com:8000 and
it should work. People just need to make sure they have a new Theora
enabled mplayer installed.

Anyway hope our solution works out for you :)

Sincerely,
Christian

--

				Janina Sajka, Chair