[Accessibility] A11y Teleconference, Wednesday 15 September

Deedra Waters dmwaters at gentoo.org
Tue Sep 14 19:40:34 PDT 2004

Hi janina

I am very sorry I've been rather absent for the accessibility dfsg stuff
over the past couple of months. I've moved to oregon, started a new job
as of yesterday, and am learning a new area.

On the upside, you might be interested that gentoo is pushing to have
speakup included on other arches such as ppc and amd64. I'm in  the
process of hiring a developer who will be doing the amd64/x86_64
testing.

However, we still haven't gotten to include brltty in our install cd's
because we haven't found anyone who is willing/can give brltty the
testing it needs before it can be put into an install cd.

That's my updates from my side of the open source stuff.:)

Again, I do appologize for not being more active/involved..

--
Deedra Waters - Gentoo developer relations, accessibility and infrastructure -
dmwaters at gentoo.org
Gentoo linux: http://www.gentoo.org