[Accessibility] FSG Hawaii conference info

Sandy Gabrielli spiraljetty at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 29 21:25:15 PDT 2004

I checked with the travel agent about the costs
associated with traveling and staying in Hawaii so we
could finalize dates.  He says that the hotel price
doesn't matter whether we stay on weekends.  The air
travel is cheaper if it is Monday-Friday.  We should
decide on a deadline for finalizing the dates so folks
can start booking travel.  Right now I'm assuming that
folks would like to travel here on Jan. 24 Meet
Tuesday-Friday, and leave either Friday night or
Saturday.

The travel agent has researched several of the hotels,
so I suggested that he select low/mid/beachview price
and accessible room availability and that we stay in
those places.  We budgeted $120 per night for 5
nights.
He will send us a hotel and room cost list on Friday.

The travel agent we are working with is
Will Decker
Hawaiian Travel Express
2270 Kuhio Ave.
Waikiki, HI 96815
(808)372-9917
kingdecker at email.com

Another thought about possible outings.  January is a
good time for Whale Watching.  We may want to get a
group together to try out some activities in order to
get group rates.  Just let me know.

=====
Sandy Gabrielli
Senior Software Engineer, Archimedes Hawaii Project
University of Hawaii
879 N King Street
Honolulu, HI 96817-4514
Ph: (808) 832-3729