[Accessibility] moving a hard drive

Olaf Schmidt ojschmidt at kde.org
Sat Apr 23 01:40:40 PDT 2005

[Sandy Gabrielli, Freitag, 22. April 2005 21:19]
> Is there a simpler way or tool that I can use to do
> this?

You could put the second harddisk into the computer and use the
autodetection from a Knoppix Live CD to show all available partitions.

But doing it the normal way isn't too difficult either.

> Has anyone had experience with this?

Yes, I have put IDE hard drives into different computers several times. I
never had a problem. If I didn't know the exact device names, then it
wasn't too difficult to guess them.

> How risky is it, will I lose the data?

You should be able to read all data without problems.

If you tell me which type of device it is (IDE, SCSI, USB), which kind of
different hardware the two computers are, and how many partitions you had
on the harddrive, then I will be able to be more specific in my reply.

Olaf

--
KDE Accessibility Project