Another draft [was Re: [Accessibility] Statement of Intent]

Bill Haneman Bill.Haneman at Sun.COM
Wed Aug 3 11:03:59 PDT 2005

Bill Haneman wrote:

> Not really, as at-spi itself is not a gtk+ library (and currently uses
> ORBit).

Sorry, by this I meant "at-spi" is not a gtk+ library, and the
atk-bridge shared object library uses ORBit2.  This doesn't introduce a
'hard dependency' on Gnome libraries into the kde accessibility stack,
but it means that the stack won't function correctly at present unless
the Gnome libraries are present.

Of course at the moment all of our assistive technology at-spi clients
require Gnome libraries as well, which is fine; the long-term solution
would just move such functionality into the 'shared space' of
FreeDesktop.org or do something equivalent.

Bill