[Accessibility] Re: Q

Olaf Schmidt ojschmidt at kde.org
Thu Aug 4 06:23:04 PDT 2005

Am Donnerstag, 4. August 2005 15:10 schrieb Bill Haneman:
> I don't think so - something being a "clear de-facto standard" is not
> sufficient for LSB standardization.

It is not sufficient, but it is necessary. We don't have a "clear de-facto
standard" toolkit, so none can be standardised by the LSB - unless KDE and Qt
are considered irrelevant.

> What's necessary is the clear communication that the issues with Qt have to
> do with the _other_ requirements, which is what I think George was saying.

I don't see this as an issue Qt has.

I rather have a problem with standardising a particular toolkit while no clear
de-facto standard has evolved.

> That seem to me to be a matter of getting rid of FUD.

My impression is that a strong group of people are not interested in getting
rid of FUD.

Olaf