[Accessibility] What's in a name?

Janina Sajka janina at freestandards.org
Tue Aug 16 19:31:13 PDT 2005

During this past week it has been suggested that we consider simplifying
our group's name. The issue arises from our recent efforts to craft
useful statements regarding certification and regarding our intentions
for cross-desktop interoperability.

I have put this on our agenda for tomorrow's call. But, it seemed a good
idea to explain that item of New Business briefly in this separate
message.

It is suggested that we add needless complexity when we write
"Accessibility Workgroup of the Free Standards Group (FSG)." Perhaps a
moniker like "Free Accessibility" or "Open Accessibility" could indeed
make our sentences simpler and sweeter. Certainly, we would not be the
first FSG group to name ourselves so directly.

Please feel free to discuss this on list in advance of our
teleconference--especially if you cannot participate in the
teleconference this week.

--

Janina Sajka				Phone: +1.202.494.7040
Bringing the Owasys 22C screenless cell phone to the U.S. and Canada. Go to http://www.ScreenlessPhone.Com to learn more.