[Accessibility] Re: [Accessibility-kbd] Keyboard Access Functional Specification v0.71

Gunnar Schmi Dt gunnar at schmi-dt.de
Wed Aug 17 10:49:10 PDT 2005

Hello,

On Monday 15 August 2005 23:14, Gunnar Schmi Dt wrote:
> [... Concerning the implementation of the settings for the MouseKeys ...]
>
> Well, if I see it correctly then the control structure for the mouse key
> settings contains everything _except_ the initial jump. According to the
> XKBlib spec I need to go into the keyboard mapping in order to modify
> the actions of certain keys just in order to set the "action_delta"
> value. Is that correct? I hope that I have missed some easier way to set
> the value.
> [...]

I have now written some code that uses the above way in order to modify the
actions. However, the code did not have any effect at all (regardless
whether I update the mapping with XkbSetMap or with XkbChangeMap). I am
quite frustrated that I have invested a lot of time without getting such a
simple task to work.

Did anyone else already implement the "initial jump"-requirement (so that I
can take a look at it)? When searching through the internet I did not find
any kind of example implementation. Currently I suspect that the X.Org
version (6.8.2) of my Linux distribution (SuSE Linux 9.3) does not support
this feature...

Gunnar Schmi Dt
--
Co-maintainer of the KDE Accessibility Project
Maintainer of the kdeaccessibility package