[Accessibility] Last Call: FSG Accessibility Statement OnDevelopment

Olaf Jan Schmidt ojschmidt at kde.org
Thu Aug 18 14:57:35 PDT 2005

[Robinson, Norman B - Washington, DC]
> You might wish to develop your statement such that it won't be dated by
> change. I've supplied a version which I believe does just that in-line
> below:
[...]

Thanks for the suggestion. Do I understand you currently that you have no
general objections to the content of statement and simply suggest to also
have a non-dated version of the statement?

The smaller text as suggested by you would be a general position statement for
the whole FSG. Our longer statement will be a joint statement by individual
members of Gnome, KDE and FSG Accessibility describing our course of action.
Our statement has its main function in context of the current situation,
answering misunderstandings and concerns that exists. By shortening the
statement, all relevant language to this goal would be removed.

Of course it does not need to be just one and not the other. Our group of
individuals can release the longer statement tomorrow as planned, and then we
can condiser the idea to also create a more formal and more general FSG
statement.

Are there objections to releasing the statement tomorrow as planned and
discuss the other idea later?

Olaf