[Accessibility] Re: [Accessibility-RFC] Feedback on the keyboard spec (and testing the new list)

Bill Haneman Bill.Haneman at Sun.COM
Wed Dec 14 11:13:47 PST 2005

Olaf Jan Schmidt wrote:

>Hi!
>
>A few months ago Gunnar pointed out that setting the "initial jump" value is
>extremely difficult with the current xlibs (and impossible with normal user
>rights):
>
>http://mail.freestandards.org/pipermail/accessibility-kbd/2005-August/000110.html
>
>The point is nevertheless still included in the draft. Gunnar has implemented
>all other parts of the spec in KDE 3.5, but currently we cannot claim to
>fully comply.

I agree with Gunnar here.  We seem to have dropped the ball here.

Even if we can't revise the draft in the current RFC cycle, we can IMO
include the proposed changes/comments as "internal comments" to be
incorporated into later revisions.

Sound OK?

Bill