[Accessibility] FYI: Sample versus Reference Implementation

Bill Haneman Bill.Haneman at Sun.COM
Thu Jul 28 09:07:32 PDT 2005

George Kraft wrote:

>FYI, an explanation regarding the difference between a sample versus
>reference implementation.  Please be sensitive to this subtlety, because
>it can be used as a powerful tool.  :-)

Indeed.  Thanks George.  It seems to me that 'sample implementation' is
more in the spirit of what we've done, though 'reference implementation'
would more forcibly ensure interoperability of conformant solutions.

Bill