[Accessibility] Two more AT-SPI discussion points

Bill Haneman Bill.Haneman at Sun.COM
Thu Jun 2 01:56:54 PDT 2005

Peter Korn wrote:

>Hi Bill,
>
>I think locale is reasonably applied to every at-spi object.  It is
>already in AccessibleContext in the Java Accessibility API, which is
>nice.

Yes, but Java itself has the notion of per-object locale, which our
native toolkits do not.  There simply is no such thing as a per-widget
locale in gtk+ or, as far as I know, Qt.

I also don't think this is a win from a cost/benefit viewpoint, as I
pointed out below.

Bill