[Accessibility] Gnome accessibility guides - questions

Bill Haneman Bill.Haneman at Sun.COM
Thu Jun 16 09:17:53 PDT 2005

Samuel Thibault wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Pete Brunet, le Wed 15 Jun 2005 07:44:31 -0500, a écrit :
>

>>When looking for a standard on developing accessble Gnome apps (for
>>developers creating applications) I found the following guides.
>>
>>- Gnome 2.8 Desktop Accessibility Guide at
>>http://gnome.org/learn/access-guide/2.8/
>>- How to Develop Accessible Linux Applications at
>>http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Accessibility-Dev-HOWTO/index.html
>>- Gnome Accessibility for Developers at
>>http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gap/guide/gad/index.html
>>
>>Some questions...
>>
>>- Are there more?
>>

>We hadn't seen any other.

There are others (see my message from yesterday).

>>- Should they be collapsed into one?
>>

>I'd say
>http://gnome.org/learn/access-guide/2.8/ / 2.10/ and
>http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gap/guide/gad/index.html
>should be collapsed.

No, these are for totally different audiences: the first one is for
end-users and admins, the second one is for developers.

regards

Bill