[Accessibility] introduction

Frank J. Carmickle frank at carmickle.com
Wed May 18 08:11:36 PDT 2005

Hello

I am Frank Carmickle, a blind computer user from Syracuse NY.  Some of you may remember me from Hawaii.  I have been using access technology on computers since 1986.  Some of my experiences include, jaws for dos and windows, screen power for windows, asap, and speakup.  I started using speakup in June of 99 and discontinued using windows in May of 2000.  Since then I have been involved fairly heavily in the speakup community.  My greatest contribution was creating speakup enabled debian woody floppy images in 2002.  I love discussion of problems and solutions to the user experience.  I believe in the free software model and look forward to the day when more people will have access to all free software.

See you all on the call this afternoon.

--Frank