[Accessibility] LAST CHANCE: Final public review announcement

earl johnson Earl.Johnson at Sun.COM
Wed Nov 30 19:20:18 PST 2005

There is missing info on the bugzilla location and responding in
bugzilla or to accessibility-rfc at freestandards.org however this
is the rest of what goes with it once George provides the
location and go on the alias. Last edit input chance.

ej

----------

December 1, 2005

The Free Standards Group Accessibility Workgroup (FSGA) works to
develop standards supporting comprehensive access to information
and user interfaces for persons with disabilities on computing
platforms which adopt free and open standards (such as Linux,
AIX, and Solaris).  The FSGA standards process is open to
interested members of industry, developer, and consumer
communities.  Obtaining public comment on our proposed standards
before they are finalized is one of the most important steps in
our process. Public review helps ensure our standards are both
relevant and complete.

We are now requesting comment on the following specifications
produced by our Keyboard Access Team [FSGA-kbd]:

Keyboard Access Functional Specification, RC1
http://.....

	This specification defines keyboard access assistive technology
features and the functionality an FSG certified platform must
provide in support of accessibility.

Generic Assertions for Manual Testing, RC1
http://....

	This specification describes how to validate that an
implementation of the functional specification is correctly
implemented.

Once these specifications become FSG standards, they will define
the keyboard access functionality a user can expect from  an FSG
certified computer system.

Please provide your comments on these draft specifications in
email addressed to <FSGA.RFC.ADDRESS> no later than midnight GMT,
Wednesday, January 11, 2005. Please be sure to indicate the
specific section each of your comments references.

On behalf of FSGA, and especially the FSGA-kbd team, we thank you
  for your assistance.

Earl Johnson, FSGA-KBD Committee Chair
Earl.Johnson at Sun.COM

Janina Sajka, FSGA Chair