[Accessibility] FSGA IP policy

George Kraft gk4 at austin.ibm.com
Fri Oct 28 09:03:22 PDT 2005

Per my action item I met with Jim Zemlin who is the FSG executive
director to discuss workgroup IP policy.   We discussed FSG oversight in
the long term, and workgroup policies in the short term.  For FSGA
patent/ip issues, then here are the recommendations for immediate use:

1) Have a technical, license, and ip review of all proposals. The
workgroup can filter out what they don't like.  See how the FSG Futures
team does that.

http://www.linuxbase.org/futures/identification/index.html

http://lsbbook.gforge.freestandards.org/candidate.html

2) With the help of expert consultants, the LSB is revising their
licensing & ip policies.  Wait a month, then review and consider what
they ratify.

Best regards,

--
George (gk4)