[Accessibility] Re: [Accessibility-atspi] Re:ATK implementation for complex content, particularly HTML (based on last night's meeting discussion)

Bill Haneman Bill.Haneman at Sun.COM
Wed Apr 5 11:16:39 PDT 2006

On Mon, 2006-04-03 at 22:49, Aaron M Leventhal wrote:
> I have posted the modified new-atk.html from Bill Haneman to
> mozilla.org.  Thanks Bill for putting the new doc together.
>
> Current proposal: http://www.mozilla.org/access/unix/new-atk.html
> Obsolete proposal:
> http://www.mozilla.org/access/unix/new-atk-obsolete.html
>
> I'm still happy with the proposal, but we do need to go over the
> changes to the Q&A section.
>
> For example:
> Q. How is the checkable state of a menuitem, treeitem or listitem
> exposed?
> Current answer: A. See ATK_STATE_CHECKED, AtkAction, and
> ATK_ROLE_CHECK_BOX, etc.
> Obsolete answer:  A. There is a role_check_menu_item or
> role_radio_menu_item. List items could contain checkboxes. Trees could
> contain checkboxes and RELATION_NODE_CHILD_OF.
> New question: How does ATK_STATE_CHECKED and ATK_ROLE_CHECKBOX help me
> with something that is a menuitem? I want to know if its checkable.
> Are we supposed to expose the checkbox as a menuitem?

We have ATK_ROLE_CHECK_MENU_ITEM and ATK_ROLE_RADIO_MENU_ITEM for these
sorts of situations; these imply "CHECKABLE".

On a similar note, we have ATK_STATE_EXPANDABLE for items with
expanders, not sure if they ever appear in menus or not.