[Accessibility] FSGA Meeting Minutes 4/5/06

George Kraft gk4 at austin.ibm.com
Wed Apr 5 12:29:39 PDT 2006

Wed Apr  5 13:04:31 CDT 2006

Janina Sajka (FSG)
Bill Haneman (Sun)
Willie Walker (Sun)
Peter Korn (Sun)
George Kraft (IBM)
Doug Beattie (independent)
Andreas (Adobe)
Gunnar Schmi-dt (KDE)
Cathy Laws (IBM)
Larry Weiss (IBM)

We did not received written minutes for last week from Olaf and Cathy,
so we are waiting on them.  Janina is cleaning up the audio before
pushing out to the archive.

There will be audio for the past Monday's TTS API meeting.

If interested, please register for FSGA membership to be listed.

http://accessibility.freestandards.org/a11yweb/members.php

Janina briefly discussed CSUN for next year.  We don't need a booth.
Call for papers is a while off.  We will discuss later.

FSG requesting booth volunteers for LinuxWorld in Boston and San
Francisco.

http://lists.freestandards.org/pipermail/accessibility/2006-March/001572.html

What is the status of the keyboard specification?
Bill to look at the source to see if the latest changes have
been incorporated.  We need volunteers to summarize the compliance
of current Linux distributions and/or desktops.

The ATSPI reached a consensus on new use cases and designs, and the
group decided to move onto implementation.

For the Desktop Developer's Conference in Ottawa.  Looking for topics
and funding to have a meeting.

For LinuxWorld in San Francisco, we could work on finishing the keyboard
functional specification, or work on the keyboard ABI.

LDTP and Dogtail which use ATSPI were mentioned as interesting topic to
learn about.

LDTP http://ldtp.freedesktop.org/wiki/

Dogtail http://people.redhat.com/zcerza/dogtail/

George (gk4)