[Accessibility] [Kde-accessibility] Orca/KDE Integration

Olaf Jan Schmidt ojschmidt at kde.org
Sat Aug 26 04:02:34 PDT 2006

Hi Gary!

Thanks a lot for your work on this.

I fully agree that the D-Bus version of AT-SPI should use the IDL. We want to
make the migration as easy as possible.

Some additional thoughts:
* It is impossible to run two registries in parallel because of the way XEvie
is written. Maybe it makes more sense to have a registry that can speak both
CORBA and D-Bus (via modules). Does the current CORBA AT-SPI registry code
support a move to D-Bus?

* There is a compiler that generates various D-Bus bindings from an XML
description. If it is possible to express the whole IDL in D-Bus
Introspection XML, then we would get bindings for all languages and toolkits
supported by D-Bus. Otherwise it might perhaps be possible to reuse code.

Olaf

--
Olaf Jan Schmidt, KDE Accessibility co-maintainer, open standards
accessibility networker, Protestant theology student and webmaster of