[Accessibility] AT-SPI IDL to D-Bus XML

Gary Cramblitt garycramblitt at comcast.net
Wed Aug 30 17:49:43 PDT 2006

As part of the special accessibility teleconference today, it was asked if a
compiler could be implemented to take the at-spi IDL files and output D-Bus
xml files for the interface objects.   I have modified the compiler I'm
writing for generating Python D-Bus bindings from the IDL files so that it
also outputs the D-Bus xml files.  You can view the results here:

http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/playground/accessibility/orca-dbus/

in the "xml" directory.  Information on running the compiler is in the README
file.

There's a problem however.  The signals aren't included in the xml because the
at-spi IDL files do not specify the events emitted by the objects.

I don't understand how accessible applications emit their events.  Do they
create an Event object and pass it to the Registry somehow?  Or are there
different "signals" for each event?

Thanks

--
Gary Cramblitt (aka PhantomsDad)