[Accessibility] alphaWorks : Magnification Composite Manager

Olaf Jan Schmidt ojschmidt at kde.org
Sun Feb 5 06:38:00 PST 2006

Hi Peter!

[ Peter Korn ]
> One interesting question: is it looking like GNOME & KDE will share a window
> manager, or will each have their own window manager (or window managers!)?
> If the latter, then I'd guess we'd want this functionality in all of 'em!

I see no reason why the composite manager and the window manager need to be
merged. I even think this would make things less flexible. For example, I
want KDE's window manager kwin to work with IBM's mcm, but at the same time I
want kwin to work with Gunnar's magnifier for people who need additional
features such as improved scaling or false-colour modes.

Olaf

--
Olaf Jan Schmidt, KDE Accessibility co-maintainer, open standards
accessibility networker, Protestant theology student and webmaster of