[Accessibility] Fwd: X11 libraries requested for future LSB spec

Bill Haneman Bill.Haneman at Sun.COM
Mon Jun 19 09:55:02 PDT 2006

On Mon, 2006-06-19 at 17:46, George Kraft wrote:
> I have proposed to the LSB to include libraries libxkbfile and libxkbui
> for keyboard ABI specification, and libraries libXcomposite, libXdamage,
> and libXfixes for magnification support.  In addition, to uplift libXext
> to a level that supports XShape v1.1 for magnification.
>
> http://lists.freestandards.org/pipermail/lsb-discuss/2006-June/002355.html
>
> I believe it is important for the LSB to specify the ABIs for these
> libraries, so that the Linux distributions will include them at the
> proper level.
>
> http://lsbbook.gforge.freestandards.org/new-abis.html
>
> As both AT-SPI and ATs mature on Linux, then the ABIs used will need to
> be more strictly defined, so /usr/lib/libcspi.so ABIs and data types
> in /usr/include/at-spi-1.0/cspi will need to be formally specified.

I would argue against doing that for cspi.  I don't think we get enough
value from it; we should focus on at-spi's IDL interface (and the ABIs
that it specifies in conjunction with the OMG CORBA spec, as one of our
"many worlds" ABIs).

Bill