[Accessibility] Fwd: X11 libraries requested for future LSB spec

Jonathan Blandford jrb at redhat.com
Tue Jun 20 10:16:48 PDT 2006

[ delurking a bit ]

Hi,

I am actually concerned about standardizing the AT-SPI IDL inside the
LSB right now.  It is a lot easier to standardize on libraries, where
backwards compatibility is fairly straightforward (or at least
understood). AT-SPI is a desktop-wide spec, and keeping compatibility is
a much larger task.

It feels to me that this is an immature spec to standardize on,
especially given how much of the actual implementation details it
exposes (CORBA, etc).  Given this, a wrapper library like cspi even
makes more sense as we can potentially change some of the details while
keeping applications working.

Thanks,
-Jonathan