[Accessibility] FSGA Teleconference Agenda, Wednesday 28 June

Bill Haneman Bill.Haneman at Sun.COM
Wed Jun 28 10:32:38 PDT 2006

Hi Olaf:

I am sure we'll talk more about it tonight, but I personally don't think
we have only the two options you suggest.  I would support adding the
AT-SPI CORBA ABI to LSB as part of a conformance approach that
explicitly allows for additional conforming ABIs in the future.

I think we can do better than just giving up on conformance testing for
the time being.  A standard with no conformance test doesn't seem very
meaningful in the LSB/FSG context.

Unless I am misunderstanding you, your suggestion would ensconce cspi
and perhaps later the pyton bindings, "QSpi", etc. as additional
requirements in LSB.  That seems to me to be more restrictive to distros
and to our efforts than a roadmap that allows us to migrate backends
later while not tying us to a C api that we don't particularly like,
just because it's convenient.

regards

Bill