[Accessibility] AT-SPI Teleconference call-in info for today

Catherine Laws claws at us.ibm.com
Wed Mar 1 10:02:08 PST 2006

By request, we will postpone this discussion until everyone has had
sufficient time to review the HTML examples and ATK proposals.

I apologize for sending the examples so late. Part of the delay was because
we are trying to understand the differences between structures and embedded
objects in Web documents (e.g. in Firefox) versus word processing documents
(e.g. in OpenOffice). For example, is a label for a control an embedded
object or not (i.e. can you navigate by character through label text or
not)? I'm sure PDF also presents some differences. Consider this as you
look at the examples to see if it is possible to come up with consistent
ATK implementations across document types.
Cathy Laws

IBM Accessibility Center, WW Strategic Platform Enablement
11501 Burnet Road,  Bldg 904 Office 5F017, Austin, Texas 78758
Phone: (512) 838-4595 or (512)838-2308, FAX: (512) 246-8502
E-mail: claws at us.ibm.com, Web: http://www.ibm.com/able

Vision without action is merely a dream, action without vision is merely
passing time, but action with vision can change the world.” Nelson Mandela

             Catherine
             Laws/Austin/IBM at I
             BMUS                                                       To
             Sent by:                  accessibility at freestandards.org,
             accessibility-bou         accessibility-atspi at freestandards.o
             nces at lists.freest         rg
             andards.org                                                cc

                                                                   Subject
             03/01/2006 10:43          [Accessibility] AT-SPI
             AM                        Teleconference call-in info for
                                       today

Today, instead of and during the regular FSG call timeframe, we will
discuss some ATK implementation proposals for the HTML examples in the
following document:

http://www.mozilla.org/access/unix/new-atk.html

Day/Time
 Wednesday, March 1,  19:00 UTC
   --   20:00 CEST (Berlin)
   --   19:00 BST  (London)
   --   14:00 EDT  (New York)
   --   13:00 CDT  (Chicago)
   --   12:00 MDT  (Salt Lake City)
   --   11:00 PDT  (San Francisco)
   --   09:00 HST  (Honolulu)
   --   04:00 JST  (Tokyo -- 06/02/23)

Toll Free Number:   877-930-0325 (United States)
Toll Number:        712-421-9395 (International)
Please send email if you need a reminder of the pass code for our call.

IRC: Our a11y channle will be open on irc.freestandards.org during the
teleconference.

Cathy Laws

IBM Accessibility Center, WW Strategic Platform Enablement
11501 Burnet Road,  Bldg 904 Office 5F017, Austin, Texas 78758
Phone: (512) 838-4595 or (512)838-2308, FAX: (512) 246-8502
E-mail: claws at us.ibm.com, Web: http://www.ibm.com/able

Vision without action is merely a dream, action without vision is merely
passing time, but action with vision can change the world.” Nelson
Accessibility mailing list
Accessibility at lists.freestandards.org